In the EYFS setting at St Erth School we believe that all children are entitled to the best possible start in their school life, both intellectually and emotionally, in order to enable them to develop their full potential.
We provide a fun and exciting curriculum that allows them to succeed as unique individuals and celebrate their achievements. We provide a place where the children are inspired and develop an interest in learning for life, within a happy, creative and secure environment.
We aim to:
- Create a stimulating learning environment which ensures each child achieves their full potential
- Ensure that every child receives a broad and balanced education of the highest standard, and are helped to discover their individual strengths
- Maintain a safe, caring, happy community where every child matters and each child feels safe, nurtured, loved and supported
- Encourage respect for each other and for the environment
- Create self-motivating, self-disciplined, confident, independent thinkers
- Nurture the spiritual, moral, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of each individual for life
- We seek to build strong partnerships with families to create an open and welcoming school
- Seek to develop and promote lively and inquisitive minds with the desire and skill to explore new ideas
- Foster a sense of awe and wonder and develop natural curiosity, so children enjoy learning in and out of school
- Encourage our children to believe in themselves, while equipping them with the fundamental skills to enjoy and achieve in life
The Foundation Stage Curriculum is made up of seven areas of learning and development. These are divided into three prime areas and four specific areas.
The three prime areas are:
- Communication and Language
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
These are then supported by specific areas that strengthen the prime areas. The specific areas are:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design