Sports Premium 2014-2015
Sports Premium Funding 2014-2015
‘Sport Premium’ is a new funding package that supports the delivery of PE and sports in schools. The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport but schools have the freedom to choose how they do this.
At St Erth Primary we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well being of children. Through PE and sport, children develop many of our core values such as cooperation, respect, determination and kindness.
In the year 2014/15 we received a total of £8130 Sports Premium funding which we spent in the following ways:
This funding has
- improved staff knowledge and expertise in teaching sport and PE through the introduction of a specialist teacher over the year which has enabled all children to receive high quality and inclusive curriculum PE sessions.
- provided specialist clubs after school which have lead to greater levels of inclusion, participation and, ultimately, competition, both within our school and between schools in the local and wider areas.
- Provided opportunities for pupils to take part in coaching sessions in less well established sports such as skate boarding and surfing, using outside coaches.
- Allowed the purchase of PE resources to aid teachers in their provision of high quality PE as well as aiding with baseline and on-going assessment of skills, fitness and participation.
- Raised awareness of the role PE can play in health, through fitness clubs, heart start club and themed healthy living days.
- Provided outdoor education sessions based around physical activitiy but involving an ethos of cooperation, teamwork and thinking skills.
The above improvements have allowed us to raise standards and participation in P.E. and school sport, increasing the opportunities offered to our children by providing higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.